Playlists
Scroll tabs horizontally for more playlists
Latest Discoveries features selected songs submitted by independent rock bands/artists around the world.

Dr Wily Castle by Lame Genie

 Dr Wily Castle by Lame Genie is currently the only available track via preorder for "Megaman 2: The Metal Album", and it is incredible!  I've always thought that the soundtrack for that 8-bit Nintendo game was amazing and quite possibly the best ever, but this band completely crushes it with incredible musicianship that pinpoints the high-difficulty recreation in metal format.  Metal with heavy melodic rock is perfect for this soundtrack.  The guitars are heavy, the melody is crisp, clear and screaming, the drums are fast, pounding, precise and energized, and the bass is active and thunderous.  I've read that they play a lot of live shows and knock lots of different video game cover songs out of the ballpark with precision.

I'm putting this one the "Sensei's Choice" playlist because it hits like a bo staff to the chest!

Comments

Total Pageviews